Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Hearing the Voice from the Tombs ~ John 5:24-30

We will hear the Voice of Christ from the tomb! 
 Photo by Jim Forest, used under the creative commons license.
 check out more photos here:
The Lord said to the Jews who came to him, "Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears my word and believes him who sent me, has eternal life; he does not come into judgment, but has passed from death to life. Truly, truly, I say to you, the hour is coming, and now is, when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God, and those who hear will live. For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son also to have life in himself, and has given him authority to execute judgment, because he is the Son of man. Do not marvel at this; for the hour is coming when all who are in the tombs will hear his voice and come forth, those who have done good, to the resurrection of life, and those who have done evil, to the resurrection of judgment. I can do nothing on my own authority; as I hear, I judge; and my judgment is just, because I seek not my own will but the will of the Father who sent me."
 Those who hear the voice of Jesus, have eternal life.  This life comes from the Father through His Son, Jesus. The Father, in His mercy, has granted us Salvation, Resurrection and Union with Him through His Son.  To be united with God is to live in Life Itself!  Because Christ is risen from the dead, all who are human are risen as well. Those who follow after God will rise unto Life. Those who love evil, rise unto death! 

This day I should remember my death. I shall, like the rest of humanity, end up in the grave.  Remember this, should imform how I live.

O Lord, help me this day to hear the  Voice of Christ! Help me to live, remembering my own resurrection. If I treat others as Christ, then I will be raised unto life. If I forget the Image of God in my brother then all will not end well for me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment