Sunday, March 24, 2013

john 1: 43-51 - just 2 sentences


43 
qThe next day Jesus decided rto go to Galilee. He found Philip and said to him, “Follow me.” 44 Now sPhilip was from Bethsaida, the city of Andrew and Peter. 45 Philip found tNathanael and said to him, “We have found him of whom uMoses in the Law and also the prophets wrote, Jesus vof Nazareth, wthe son of Joseph.”46 Nathanael said to him, x“Can anything good come out of Nazareth?” Philip said to him, “Come and see.” 47 Jesus saw Nathanael coming toward him and said of him, “Behold, yan Israelite indeed, zin whom there is no deceit!” 48 Nathanael said to him, “How ado you know me?” Jesus answered him, “Before Philip called you, when you were under the fig tree, I saw you.”49 Nathanael answered him, b“Rabbi, cyou are the Son of God! You are the dKing of Israel!” 50 Jesus answered him, “Because I said to you, ‘I saw you under the fig tree,’ do you believe? You will see greater things than these.” 51 And he said to him, “Truly, truly, I say to you,1 you will see eheaven opened, and fthe angels of God ascending and descending on gthe Son of Man.” 

o Lord, help me to have the faith of Nathaniel, who spoke his mind and yet humbly accepted You as Messiah when You revealed Your Glory! May I see "greater things than these·" amen

2 comments:

  1. I uploaded this prayer last night from my kindle; I really can't type a lot on it and it was late and I was about to go to sleep and I didn't want the day to go past without looking into the Scriptures.

    So, just two sentences and no picture!

    ReplyDelete