Friday, May 3, 2013

Galatians 6:14-18 - The Cross!



14
But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.
15
For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but a new creation.
16
And as many as walk according to this rule, peace and mercy be upon them, and upon the Israel of God.
17
From now on let no one trouble me, for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus.
18
Brethren, the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.

100_3369
THE CROSS
photo by Flickr user sugarshark, used under the creative commons licence
check out more photos at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/sugar_shark/
My one boast, my one source of self-satisfaction should come from the Cross. It is in the cross, where Christ was crucified in total obedience to the  Will of His Father, that I claim as my central part of my life. For, surely, as Jesus died, I, too, should die.  Where Jesus submitted Himself to the Father, I too should submit myself to the Father.  

Let me live my life as a crucified servant, O Lord.  The world is dead to me, its' charms of no effect. Rather, I seek to be with the Lord. Help me this day, to do those things which would show that I am one who is crucified with Christ. And, then I await, Your Resurrection, Lord, when you can raise me up as well. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment