Saturday, July 27, 2013

Luke 21:12-19 - Your words are from the Spirit

The Lord said to his disciples, "Beware of men who will lay their hands on you and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues and prisons, and you will be brought before kings and governors for my name's sake. This will be a time for you to bear testimony. Settle it therefore in your minds, not to meditate beforehand how to answer; for I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which none of your adversaries will be able to withstand or contradict. You will be delivered up even by parents and brothers and kinsmen and friends, and some of you they will put to death; you will be hated by all for my name's sake. But not a hair of your head will perish. By your endurance you will gain your lives.

Alfonso
The Holy Spirit will give you the words....
photo by flickr user suadoni, used under the creative commons license.
check out more photos at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/suadoni/
O Lord, give me Your Words by Your Holy Spirit. When confronted by evil or when ridiculed by those who oppose Your ways, let me not worry about what I shall say. Rather, may it be given my by Your Spirit. Then, Your Holy Name will be glorified, even in the midst of those who blaspheme You. And help me, I pray, to endure to the end for with my whole heart, I would serve You. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment