Thursday, July 18, 2013

Matthew 11:27-30 - Resting Easy!

The Lord said to his disciples, "All things have been delivered to me by my Father; and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and any one to whom the Son chooses to reveal him. Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."

ethan hamock
Taking a rest; good for the soul
photo taken by flickr user, commoncourtesy
used under the creative commons license.
check out more photos at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ashleyhodson/

The Father is revealed to those whom to whom the Son wants to reveal.  And who does the Son want to reveal the Father to? Surely, His invitation is to all: Come to me, all who labor and heavy laden, and I will give you rest, says Jesus. He will reveal the Father to those who answer the call of their hearts, their overburdened and troubled hearts. Yet, if one would just take the yoke of Jesus upon himself, he would find rest in the Father. This rest is available to all; it is available to me.

O Lord, how I long to enter into Your rest and how I desire to know the Father. Help me to answer Your call and to take Your yoke upon me. For, surely, Your yoke, unlike the world's is delightful and good for the soul. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment