Sunday, February 3, 2013

Colossians 3:12-16 - Called to Peace


Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering;
 
bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do.
 
But above all these things put on love, which is the bond of perfection.
 
And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to which also you were called in one body; and be thankful.
 
Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
Peace
"Peace, Man"
photo by Danny Hammontree, used under the creative commons license.
check out more photos at:  http://www.flickr.com/photos/digitalgrace/
 I was called to peace.  And the recipe for this peace is in this letter. In dealing with others, I must show mercy, kindness and humility. I am "put up" with others around me, when they do things that irritate me.  And I must forgive, forgive as Christ forgives me. This is all done by putting on Love, like a man puts on a raincoat before he goes out into a storm, I must put on Love, along with these other virtues so that the Peace of God can rule in my heart.

The Word of Christ should dwell in me.  By filling my heart with Psalms of praise to God and other hymns of Praise, I shall live in His Peace.  And in that Peace there is Love for Him and my fellow man.


May I, this day, be filled with hymns of Praise. May I, this day, use the tools of the Ancient Church- Yes, the Jesus Prayer - to grow in Grace and may the Teachings and Admonishments of the Gospel be ever in my heart. Amen
.



No comments:

Post a Comment