Saturday, April 13, 2013

Hebrews 6:9-12 - Keep doing good works till the end!

But, beloved, we are confident of better things concerning you, yes, things that accompany salvation, though we speak in this manner. For God is not unjust to forget your work and labor of love which you have shown toward His name, in that you have ministered to the saints, and do minister. And we desire that each one of you show the same diligence to the full assurance of hope until the end, that you do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises.
Helping hand
Don't be weary in helping others!photo by  Amanda Westmount, used under the creative commons license.
check out more pics at:
http://www.flickr.com/people/mandajuice/
 The writer of Hebrews had great confidence in his hearers. He believed that things that accompany salvation would be there lot.  In doing good works, God would not forget them because the works they do are in love and in the Name of Jesus.  He only hopes that they continue in in diligence to the very end and not become sluggish but keep the faith. The result? They will inherit the promises of God!

The Lord want me to be diligent in following Him and in showing love for my fellow Image bearers.  I must not get weary in good works and must constantly continue in my labor of love.  And, if discouraged, I must imitate those who do good works and model my behavior after them.

O Lord, keep me working on my salvation with fear and trembling as I serve those whom You put in my life and let me not grow weary in these good works. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment