Friday, April 19, 2013

Isaiah 45:11-17 - Remove All Idols!

Thus says the Lord, The Holy One of Israel, and his Maker: “Ask Me of things to come concerning My sons; And concerning the work of My hands, you command Me. I have made the earth, And created man on it. I – My hands – stretched out the heavens, And all their host I have commanded. I have raised him up in righteousness, And I will direct all his ways; He shall build My city And let My exiles go free, Not for price nor reward,” Says the Lord of hosts. Thus says the Lord: “The labor of Egypt and merchandise of Cush And of the Sabeans, men of stature, Shall come over to you, and they shall be yours; They shall walk behind you, They shall come over in chains; And they shall bow down to you. They will make supplication to you, saying, ‘God is with you only, and there is no other; no god besides him.’ Truly You are God, who hide Yourself, O God of Israel, the Savior!They shall be ashamed And also disgraced, all of them; They shall go in confusion together, Who are makers of idols.But Israel shall be saved by the Lord With an everlasting salvation; You shall not be ashamed or disgraced Forever and ever.

He shoots .. he scores @ Owasso Skate Park
Toss away your idols like this guy throws out garbage!
photo by flickr user Thefixer, used under the creative commons license
check out more photos at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/fixersphotos/
O Lord, raise me up in righteousness and direct all my ways.  Then shall those who worship the idols of this age see Your power and Your workings in my life.  Surely, if I allow myself to be filled by the Lord than those around me will say, "God is with you and our gods are false." But what if I live like the rest of the world? What if my life is no different than those who worship idols? Then, the Lord will not be glorified in my life nor shall the see the futility of theirs. 

I must remove the idols in my life and devote myself totally to the Lord and His Gospel Teachings. I must take the actions necessary to  sequester those things which draw me away from the Lord.  Even good things can become idols if they replace the Lord.  And what is an idol in my life? It is those things that occupy my time and attention.  That is what must displaced.  

O God, be my Savior in this age and in the age to come. Be my everlasting salvation. Then in You, I shall not be ashamed or disgraced forever and ever. Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment