Sunday, April 28, 2013

Philippians 4:4-9 - Rejoice!

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again, I will say it, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand.Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy – meditate on these things.
The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.
So Care Free and Happy
We have many reasons to rejoice!
photo by  Leia Speia, used under the creative commons license.
check out more photos at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/leiaspeia/
 There is much to be happy about! There are plenty of reasons to rejoice! The Lord is at hand. Not only meaning that He will be returning soon but also, He is close to those who trust in Him.  Therefore, we have noting to worry about but, instead offer to God our prayers and our requests. This we do with thanksgiving, ever grateful for His many benefits. Peace follows all of this, peace from Christ who guards our hearts and minds.

As someone who follows Christ, I must meditate on things that are pure, true, noble and just.  Only positive things should fill my mind. As I think this way, I should follow the example of those who have shown me how to live in Christ.  Doing this will fill me with peace, a peace that leads to joy!

O Lord, how I want to rejoice in You always. When bad news tries to capture my soul or when evil reports would disturb my peace, let me remember that Christ is near and will never forsake me. Then, shall my soul always rejoice!



No comments:

Post a Comment