Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Matthew 22:15-22 - Look out for Traps!

 At that time, the Pharisees went and took counsel how to entangle him in his talk. And they sent their disciples to him, along with the Herodians, saying, "Teacher, we know that you are true, and teach the way of God truthfully, and care for no man; for you do not regard the position of men. Tell us, then, what do you think. Is it lawful to pay taxes to Caesar, or not?" But Jesus, aware of their malice, said, "Why put me to the test, you hypocrites? Show me the money for the tax." And they brought him a coin. And Jesus said to them, "Whose likeness and inscription is this?" They said, "Caesar's." Then he said to them, "Render, therefore to Caesar the things that are Caesar's, and to God the things that are God's. " When they heard it, they marveled; and they left him and went away.
Bush diving / falling new years Tofu South East Africa Mozambique
Don't Fall into Traps!
photo by Andrew Moir, used under the creative commons license
check out more photos at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andrewmoir/
Christ Jesus, You read the hearts of all! You could see that the Pharisees, seeking to trick You by Your own words, used flattery as a weapon to catch You off guard. But, You, O Lord, do not succumb to flattery and did not fall into their trap.  For You always do those things that please the Father. These hypocrites were sent to test You, but You turned the tables on them and after they asked You a question, You asked them.  The wisdom of Your response quiets the mouths of all detractors.  

O Lord, grant me a humble heart today. Let me never use flattery in my dealings with others.  May I be honest with all whom I come in contact today. And like Christ offered a wise answer to a tricky question, may I always answer with the Words of Christ, when put to the test! May I always render unto God the things that are rightfully His. And what is rightfully His? Only all of my life! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment