Monday, April 22, 2013

Isaiah 48:17-49:4 - Peace like a river and righteousness like a wave!


Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, The Holy One of Israel: “I am the Lord your God, Who teaches you to profit, Who leads you by the way you should go. Oh, that you had heeded My commandments! Then your peace would have been like a river, And your righteousness like the waves of the sea.Your descendants also would have been like the sand, And the offspring of your body like the grains of sand; His name would not have been cut off Nor destroyed from before Me.”Go forth from Babylon! Flee from the Chaldeans! With a voice of singing, Declare, proclaim this, Utter it to the end of the earth; Say, “The Lord has redeemed His servant Jacob!”And they did not thirst When He led them through the deserts; He caused the waters to flow from the rock for them; He also split the rock, and the waters gushed out.“There is no peace,” says the Lord, “for the wicked.”“Listen, O coastlands, to Me, And take heed, you peoples from afar! The Lord has called Me from the womb; From the matrix of My mother He has made mention of My name.And He has made My mouth like a sharp sword; In the shadow of His hand He has hidden Me, And made Me a polished shaft; In His quiver He has hidden Me.”“And He said to me, ‘You are My servant, O Israel, In whom I will be glorified.’Then I said, ‘I have labored in vain, I have spent my strength for nothing and in vain; Yet surely my just reward is with the Lord, And my work with my God.’”
Watch Out!
God's Righteousness is a Mighty Wave
photo by Craig Baker, used under the creative commons license.
check out more photos at:

The Lord longs for us to follow Him. He longs for us to listen to and obey His commandments  And why shouldn't we? Does He not provide for us as He did for Israel in the desert? He made waters proceed from a rock and when His people were dying of thirst, He provided refreshing water.  Yet, it is more important to have the peace and righteousness of the Lord for He promises that peace would flow like a river and righteousness like the waves of the sea.  All this would happen if we would just heed the commandments of the Lord. 
In my life, is peace and righteousness abundant? Is it obvious to all? No one can mistake a river nor can they ignore the presence of a mighty wave. The Lord promises  this to His servants and surely it will be seen by all.  He has redeemed us and has said, in us, He would be glorified.
May, this day, I be ever aware of the Lord's righteousness and may His peace reign in my life so that those around would see the refreshment of my soul, as a river refreshes our thirst. May all around see His righteousness in me which comes in power like the might of a strong ocean wave.  Help me to follow Your commandments so this will be accomplished in me, Your servant. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment