Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Isaiah 41:4-14 - The Strong Hand of the Lord!

Who has performed and done this, calling the generations from the beginning? I, the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am He. The coastlands have seen and are afraid, the ends of the earth tremble; they have drawn near and come. Every one helps his neighbor, and says to his brother, "Take courage!" The craftsman encourages the goldsmith, and he who smoothes with the hammer him who strikes the anvil, saying of the soldering, "It is good"; and they fasten it with nails so that it cannot be moved.

But you, Israel, my servant, Jacob, whom I have chosen, the offspring of Abraham, my friend; you whom I took from the ends of the earth, and called from its farthest corners, saying to you, "You are my servant, I have chosen you and not cast you off"; fear not, for I am with you, be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.

Behold, all who are incensed against you shall be put to shame and confounded; those who strive against you shall be as nothing and shall perish. You shall seek those who contend with you, but you shall not find them; those who war against you shall be as nothing at all. For I, the LORD your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, "Fear not, I will help you." Fear not, you worm Jacob, you men of Israel! I will help you, says the LORD; your Redeemer is the Holy One of   Israel.


Strong Hand
The Lord's Hands are Strong
photo by Flickr user Tamster380, used under the creative commons license
check out more photos at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tamster380/
The Prophet draws a contrast between Israel and their idol worshiping neighbors. Those who do not worship the Lord and, instead, cling to worthless idols must speak words of encouragement to each other as they progress in their wrong-doing. For they will get no words of encouragement  from the Lord. For the Lord will not bless them in their error. Rather, He would have them repent and turn to Him.  Israel, the servant of the Lord, who was chosen by Him is told not to fear! For the Lord has not cast them off but promises His Presence to strengthen and help.  

O Lord, uphold me with your Victorious Right Hand! Help me, this day, not to be dismayed by my sins for surely, I am like Isreal of old who forsoke you all the time. Yet, You remain faithful and become my redeemer.  How happy I am to be strenghtened by your Hand of Victory! Amen.   

No comments:

Post a Comment