Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Isaiah 26:21-27:9 - The Lord protects and waters His Garden


For behold, the LORD is coming forth out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity, and the earth will disclose the blood shed upon her, and will no more cover her slain. In that day the LORD with his hard and great and strong sword will punish Leviathan the fleeing serpent, Leviathan the twisting serpent, and he will slay the dragon that is in the sea.
In that day: "A pleasant vineyard, sing of it! I, the LORD, am its keeper; every moment I water it. Lest any one harm it, I guard it night and day; I have no wrath. Would that I had thorns and briers to battle! I would set out against them, I would burn them up together. Or let them lay hold of my protection, let them make peace with me, let them make peace with me."
In days to come Jacob shall take root, Israel shall blossom and put forth shoots, and fill the whole world with fruit.
Has he smitten them as he smote those who smote them? Or have they been slain as their slayers were slain? Measure by measure, by exile thou didst contend with them; he removed them with his fierce blast in the day of the east wind. Therefore by this the guilt of Jacob will be expiated, and this will be the full fruit of the removal of his sin: when he makes all the stones of the altars like chalkstones crushed to pieces, no Asherim or incense altars will remain standing.
061022NDG12
A Garden, watered and protected!
photo by flickr user quadrapop, used under the creative commons license
check out more photos at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/quadrapop/
The Lord will come to judge. But He also comes to protect His garden.  He shall guard it day and night. That garden will prosper and produce fruit that can be seen by the whole world. All the world will see God's protection of His people.  He punished His people by exile yet their guilt will be removed and their sins shall be far away from them. No longer will they worship foreign gods, but only the Lord of Hosts shall they worship.

God protects His own. Those who call upon Him and turn away from their sins will find that He is mighty to save.  He sets a wall around His garden. Actually, He Himself is that wall. He keeps the garden well watered and provides for its growth.  Does not the Lord protect me and satisfy my soul's thirst with His water? Let me always seek His protection. Let me always be immersed in His Energies, knowing that my soul can only be satisfied by Him.

O Lord, my God, this day I turn to You who is my protection and the One who drenches my soul with Your Spirit. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment